[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2017-02-24, 00:42)redglory Wrote: I'm executing this on cmd:
Code:
python texturecache.py imdb tvshows

and always outputs []

That means one of 3 things: 1) you have no TV shows, 2) all your tv show/episodes are failing when querying omdbapi.com or 3) you have no episodes that need updating

You should see in the logfile when omdbapi.com queries fail to obtain a result. Assuming some omdbapi.com queries are succeeding (sorry, this isn't shown clearly in the log - you can only tell by the absence of a failure message) and you're not getting any "changes" (ie. "[]" is being output) then this would confirm that your current media library matches perfectly with omdbapi.com and nothing needs to be updated. I'm not sure how often omdbapi.com will update it's own database, it might only be once a day so running this script repeatedly is unlikely to be beneficial.

If you just want to test your code, you can manually change the votes for an episode so that re-runnig "imdb tvshows" should correct the change (assuming the episode is being found on omdbapi.com, of course):

Here's an example, using the show "Lucifer":
Code:
texturecache.py/texturecache.py imdb tvshows lucifer
[]

So no errors/failures - all episodes are being found on omdbapi.com - and nothing that needs updating.

View the votes for the tvshow:
Code:
texturecache.py Jd tvshows lucifer @extrajson.tvshows.episode=votes

This is my result: http://sprunge.us/UbhJ

Now pick an episode and make a note of the episodeid - in my case, the latest episode 2x13 has episodeid 20387 (with votes 412)

Change the number of votes to something other than its current value, for example 1:
Code:
texturecache.py set episode 20387 votes 1

And now re-run the imdb update:
Code:
texturecache.py/texturecache.py imdb tvshows lucifer
[
  {
    "episodetitle": "2x13. A Good Day to Die",
    "imdbnumber": "tt5668586",
    "items": {
      "votes": "412"
    },
    "libraryid": 20387,
    "title": "Lucifer",
    "type": "episode"
  }
]

You can do this repeatedly until you are happy with your code. If you still get no changes after changing the votes then please upload your logfile somewhere when running "imdb tvshows <tvshowname>"
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by Milhouse - 2017-02-24, 01:54
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17