[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2017-09-05, 04:14)80njc80 Wrote: Hello everyone.

Have been playing around with the program and love it. Have noticed that when running 'c' scan tall items are skipped because they have already been cached but it is not the exact number of movies I have in the folder i.e. lets say I have 100 files but 97 posters and 98 fanart are skipped. Tried cleaning with vclean and qax checks. Any other ideas or should I just leave it alone? Is there a way to find out which ones are missing and 'C' fix them.

If "nc movies" says there's nothing to cache, then chances are there's nothing to cache. If you have two movies that share the same poster then the poster will only be cached once which could explain the difference between the number of movies and number of cached posters. Otherwise enable logging during "c movies" by adding "@logfile=tc.log" then look in tc.log to see if there's any explanation why a particular poster is skipped (it may not be obvious in which case upload your tc.log file and post me the link).

(2017-09-05, 04:14)80njc80 Wrote: I have also noticed in tvshows output that three images wont download from imdb. I have tried to 'C' the specific show and it returns no episode images. I can extract error output if required. Cheers.

Post the urls that are failing to download. I assume you've checked and the urls are still valid (ie. you're able to view the images in your browser). If they're no longer valid (returning 404 or 403 errors etc.) then you'll need to find new urls by refreshing the corresponding tvshows or episodes so that new image urls are scraped.

Note that this script is not a metadata scraper, it only works with whatever information the scrapers find - if that information becomes stale and invalid (a common problem when using remote artwork) then there's no alternative but to rescrape the stale items (ie. refresh an episode in the Kodi GUI).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by Milhouse - 2017-09-05, 04:34
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17