[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2017-09-05, 05:11)80njc80 Wrote: ./texturecache.py jd movies | ./mklocal.py --local /freenas/media --prefix nfs://192.168.0.3/mnt/share/media --artwork fanart poster clearlogo clearart --output fixup.dat

I am running Libreelec on my pi and accessing my NAS via NFS. Is --local where the cache will be stored on my pi i.e. /freenas/media? Is this a fixed folder I have to create for it to work? Will try below tonight and see if it works. I have my media in a parent folder Videos... Not sure I have to specify or leave as parent?

movies:
./texturecache.py jd movies | ./mklocal.py --local /freenas/media --prefix nfs://IP>ADDRESS/Videos/Movies --artwork fanart poster clearlogo clearart --output fixup.dat

tvshows:
./texturecache.py jd tvshows | ./mklocal.py --local /freenas/media --prefix nfs://IP>ADDRESS/Videos/TV Shows --artwork fanart poster clearlogo clearart --output fixup.dat

No, --local is the OS equivalent mount point for nfs://192.168.0.3/mnt/share/media - in my example, "/freenas/media" is a mount point (for the OS) that gives access to the same content as nfs://192.168.0.3/mnt/share/media (which is a Kodi "mount point"). The script can only access OS mounts, not nfs://whatever, so it has to map and translate between the two, but can access only the content specified by --local.

You can call the --local folder whatever you like, it's just a mount point. The only requirement is that it gives access to the same content as your --prefix. That way the script can translate the paths from Kodi to OS when it needs to, accessing the content (reading, writing, etc.) via the --local path, and then translating the OS paths back to the Kodi nfs:// format for subsequent updating.

Given your examples, assuming your NFS export is actually <IPADDRESS>/Videos (ie. a common top level root used by both your Movies and TV Shows), then the following should work so long as the /freenas/media mount point gives access to the <IPADDRESS>/Videos top-level directory:
Code:
./texturecache.py jd movies | ./mklocal.py --local /freenas/media --prefix nfs://<IPADDRESS>/Videos --artwork fanart poster clearlogo clearart --output fixup.dat
./texturecache.py jd tvshows | ./mklocal.py --local /freenas/media --prefix nfs://<IPADDRESS>/Videos --artwork fanart poster clearlogo clearart --output fixup.dat

The script will then use your prefix, ie. nfs://<IPADDRESS>/Videos, to construct a path suitable for the OS, eg. nfs://<IPADDRESS>/Videos/Movies/Avatar-poster.jpg will be mapped/tranlsated to /freenas/media/Movies/Avatar-poster.jpg.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by Milhouse - 2017-09-05, 05:55
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17