[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2017-11-28, 09:15)Fredouye Wrote: Hi all

I think it hasn't been discussed here, but free keys for OMDB API are available since 11/02 : http://www.omdbapi.com

It's working fine with 'omdb.apikey=xxxx' in texturecache.cfg Smile

Unfortunately with a 1,000 daily query limit most users will blow through that just with movies, let alone episodes. A weekly limit of maybe 10K or 20K queries would be more usable. It's better than nothing, but the limit is too low to reliably update a moderately sized library even if you were to update movies on a Sunday and episodes a day or two later.

I forsee issues being reported from users in future asking why the imdb update starts to fail after "a few hundred" successful attempts (answer: API key limit exceeded). I'm probably going to have to code a check that detects when the API query is failing due to the limit and ends the run rather than continue throwing more queries at the site which will all fail.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by Milhouse - 2017-11-28, 10:06
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17