[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility
(2019-04-27, 20:18)lharms Wrote: Seeing a small bug on update.
Quote:C:\Users\Len\AppData\Roaming\Kodi>texturecache.py s somemoviename
Successfully updated from v2.5.0 to v2.5.1

C:\Users\Len\AppData\Roaming\Kodi>C:\Program: can't open file 'Files\Python37\python.exe': [Errno 2] No such file or directory

Basically my python is on "C:\program files\Python37" instead of the usual c:\python37.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/3590...2#46439592

Could either use popen or quote the second parameter on line 3326.  Not sure if that second solution is portable between OS's.

The problem, on Windows, is this line:
Code:
os.execl(sys.executable, sys.executable, *args)

sys.executable is the full path to the Python binary, this works fine on Linux if the path contains a space (ie. /storage/abc def/python, tested with both Python2.7 and Python3.6), but on Windows it's not working as mentioned here.

Not sure how best to solve this - I don't plan on rewriting the update procedure if I can help it and may just disable auto-update for Windows users: to update, Windows users would instead have to perform a manual update check with texturecache.py update, and with auto-update disabled any subsequent commands will not choke on a new version (not that there should be a new version as you've just updated etc.).

Currently the checkupdate property defaults to yes, but on Windows the quickest solution might be to default this to no.

As a quick fix for the current version (ie. implement the method I've just described, albeit not automatically) add checkupdate = no to your config and run texturecache.py update each time before all other commands to ensure you always have the latest version.

Although thinking about it some more, disabling auto-update on Windows punishes all Windows users with Python installed as C:\Python37\python.exe, which is sane and works, so the best solution may be for me to do nothing, and you should fix your system by installing Python to C:\Python37, or use the workaround above (disabling checkupdate. Yes, I like this option the best, but thanks for reporting an odd issue! Smile
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
Crash on Gotham on OS X - by desepticon - 2014-05-29, 17:57
Cleaning - by AleisterHH - 2018-05-28, 22:03
RE: Cleaning - by Milhouse - 2018-05-28, 22:16
qax genre not updated - by Just-Me_A-User - 2018-06-12, 22:06
RE: qax genre not updated - by Milhouse - 2018-06-12, 23:40
RE: [RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility - by Milhouse - 2019-04-28, 00:07
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility17