Frodo Audio Problems....More of them !
HI Guys

Just updated to latest XBMC and have audio drop outs constantly.

I have searched these boards tried adjusting settings infinitely and following the guides given yet regardless of which permutations of options I select (either windows vista or XBMC) I get a constant yet intermittent audio drop out for a second or two.

I really love the new XBMC (big shout to the devs) yet the audio issues are making this un-usable, so thought I would post up before I roll back.

I run the video to my monitor over vga and the sound via spdif from the mobo to my Sony DAVSC5 amp. With the previous XBMC install I had the amp do the processing and just direct out the sound without the HTPC playing with it.

What I noticed was 2 sound devices in Device Manager one with Microsoft drivers and one with the correct ones from the on-board sound from the MOBO. As a trial I have disabled the one with Microsoft drivers ( a few threads suggested this as a possible issue) yet it makes no difference to the sound drop outs.

I have Paste Binned 2 logs one with the MS device disabled and one without. I do not understand these logs so am really looking fir guidance here??

Thanks in advance

Both Dev Mgr Devices Active

MS Device Driver Diabled

Messages In This Thread
Frodo Audio Problems....More of them ! - by dirtboy - 2013-03-23, 11:24
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo Audio Problems....More of them !0