New G-Box Midnight MX2 Fully User Friendly Auto Update
lolwatpear i dont think there's a linux for the mx2 yet. m3 devices work fine in linux from my experience for a simple xbmc linux build. joeybaby I have read everything i can find. This only shows that they had other priorities than packaging up their source code. I agree they should have made the source available before releasing their product to comply with GPL. But I can see why it wouldn't be a priority for a company to release source when they're just launching a product and have attention focused on other details. As soon as it was put on the market everybody started screaming for the source code and admittedly they took a few days but they ended up releasing it and being in compliance per the same thread that you linked. Youve got other companies like Geniatech that are probably much bigger than gbox that just say "oh we're using Pivos's source" but never actually release it... ever. Also noted in the same thread by Davilla. Is it because they have secrets or are they just admitting there's no reason to release the source since it's already there? maybe thats the case with gbox - everybody says its just the pivos code, including davilla himself. So if the source is already out there then it makes no sense that there should be a rush to publish source code that's already published which puts gbox even further into the green imho.

Messages In This Thread
RE: New G-Box Midnight MX2 Fully User Friendly Auto Update - by pcsirk - 2013-05-24, 17:37
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New G-Box Midnight MX2 Fully User Friendly Auto Update3