Tvheadend problems and streaming question
Hey all, my current setup is:

Wired HTPC (Linux)
Wired Desktop (Linux)
Wireless Laptop (Linux)
Wireless Laptop (Mac OSX)
Wireless Tablet (Android)
+ Eventually going to add another bedroom HTPC which may or may not be wired

In the desktop computer I have a Hauppage 1250 tv tuner card (although if all works out I may move this to the HTPC).

I have Rogers Digital Cable. In the living room I use an HD PVR, but simply plugging the TV via coax into the wall will result in access to a limited number of non-encrypted channels (around 50 plus a number of radio stations).

I want to be able to access those limited number of channels on the XBMC setups not in my living room.

I setup tvheadend and scanned muxes for services. Around 300 services were found. The problem is that they cannot be mapped to channels as they are unnamed. I named a few manually (as was suggested in another thread) but of what I named all I could find in XBMC were radio stations and encrypted channels which resulted in a descrambler error. Is there any way to map all services, and once mapped is there any way to disable the encrypted channels that I cannot access without a cable box?

Finally, once this is set up properly, is there a way to stream the channels enabled to the other devices on my LAN, or will I need a separate TV tuner in each machine?

SUMMARY OF QUESTIONS:

1) Is there any way to map all services without individually naming each service?

2) Once mapped is there any way to disable the encrypted channels that I cannot access without a cable box?

3) Is there a way to stream the channels enabled to the other devices on my LAN, or will I need a separate TV tuner in each machine?

Thanks in Advance!

Messages In This Thread
Tvheadend problems and streaming question - by azrael17 - 2013-05-11, 06:58
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tvheadend problems and streaming question1