Introduce a 'shortcoming' section for HDMI-CEC
Hi,

As many fans of XBMC did, I bought a Raspberry Pi and I tinkered with it. Then I installed OpenELEC on it. I tried HDMI-CEC for a moment and couldn't do what I wanted with the remote, I first thought there was an issue with the TV and/or OpenELEC configuration.

But that wasn't the case, while the TV is a Sharp with an Aquos Link —the Sharp branded name for HDMI-CEC— it didn't work as expected until I found out that the remote directional keys aren't sent over HDMI, but only a few play/pause/rewind/forward/etc. So the TV cannot control XBMC, or more complex systems.

This lost time could have been avoided if the following section described the shortcomings (of some TV vendors) on the HDMI CEC wiki page. For example : the Sharp LC-32LE600E remote directional keys are not sent over HDMI. I'm sure other vendors/models have similar limitations. Plus there might be other kind of shortcommings.
Also note that I propose the name "shortcommings" for this section rather than elaborate the existing "common issues with CEC" because there wasn't actually a technical problem in my case, just that some keys worked others didn't.

I hope this very little contribution will help others.

Cheers,
Brice

[EDITED : forgot the link to the wiki Wink ]

Messages In This Thread
Introduce a 'shortcoming' section for HDMI-CEC - by Brice - 2013-06-19, 12:32
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Introduce a 'shortcoming' section for HDMI-CEC0