NFO Files and File Naming
Boxee uses different NFO tags than XBMC, so basically your nfo files are not correct.

The tvshow nfo references an xml schema that I don't believe it should.
It uses a <tvdbid>78142</tvdbid> that should be just <id>78142</id>

Try replacing the entire tvshow.nfo with this :

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<tvshow>
  <id>78142<id>
</tvshow>
And let the xbmc scraper find all the other information for you.

You are probably right about the parser: It is bright enough to discard the entire <tvshow> tag and everything in it Smile
It then proceeds to scrape the shows folder name on its own, and manages with some shows and not the others.

Check NFO_files#NFO_Examples (wiki). It is possible that information is outdated a bit, but if you export your library to seperate files XBMC will generate NFO files from your library.
You can than see exactly what tags the version you have supports.

I believe (not completely sure) that you can number your own files any way you want and prevent the scraper from getting it's information online, but to do that you will need proper NFO's.

I do think a faster idea right now would be to just remove all your NFO files, but leave the fanart pictures etc, correct a few names here and there and let XBMC scrape everything itself.
After that is done, export library to seperate files to speed up subsequent rescrapes (in case you want to reinstall or test out a new version etc)
I am intrigued by your own custom ordering of shows that are not correct in theTVDB. How many of these are there ? Are you sure you could not just use the alternate / DVD mode sorting for them (like with Firefly) ?

Messages In This Thread
NFO Files and File Naming - by applebyter - 2013-06-25, 14:55
RE: NFO Files and File Naming - by Kib - 2013-06-25, 20:35
RE: NFO Files and File Naming - by applebyter - 2013-06-27, 08:35
RE: NFO Files and File Naming - by Kib - 2013-06-27, 09:06
RE: NFO Files and File Naming - by applebyter - 2013-06-27, 09:42
RE: NFO Files and File Naming - by applebyter - 2013-06-27, 13:19
RE: NFO Files and File Naming - by Kib - 2013-06-27, 14:55
RE: NFO Files and File Naming - by Powerhouse - 2013-06-28, 00:29
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NFO Files and File Naming0