Organising media - What should folders contain?
Having realised I am going to have to do quite a bit of hand tweaking after the scraping (I've got quite a few odd shows and stuff that can't be found) I have become interested in the idea of storing all the necessary info and image files in the respective movei/tvshow folder alongside the videos/movies).
I read somewhere on the site an interesting thread but can't seem to find it now. So, I downloaded Media companion and started using that to customise things. I see it has saved the following in each movie folder...

.actors (folder)
NFO file
.tbn file
-fanart.jpeg

Is that everything I need to be completely "self sufficient" ie xbmc would find these before trying to scrape and everything would be dandy? I thought there should be a "folder" or perhaps "poster" jpeg as well.

I'd just like to know which files I need in with the movie folder for it to be totally self contained (just in case... or rather when any misshaps occur to my system - as I currently keep two external drives with all my video files on so it would be nice if the system needs re imaging or whatever (as happened last week the the hard drive failed!) then I'm at least all set to go with the movies and the images/data etc.

Sadly I can't get the Media Companion to launch today... but one thing at a time!

Thanks, guys.

Messages In This Thread
Organising media - What should folders contain? - by JohnyLondon - 2013-06-25, 22:43
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Organising media - What should folders contain?0