[RELEASE] Russia Today News Addon
(2013-10-12, 05:07)learningit Wrote:
(2013-10-12, 01:06)RedPenguin Wrote:
(2013-10-11, 20:31)learningit Wrote: This is a bug, thanks for raising it. Turns out that, depending on where you are, the RT web server sends content in a compressed form. I've raised a question on how to deal with this to other developers and hopefully will get a fix soon.

Thank you for your quick response. I am glad to see this will be dealt with as I totally like the idea of this plugin. (Mainly due to using XBMC, I hate using Flash in my browsers now, LoL.) But also hard to use a web browser on the RPi, LoL.

Can you give this version a try? I think it fixes the compression issues. The server returns content compressed even though I tell explicitly not to - seems to affect only some of RT.com's servers, possibly a misconfig. The solution I implemented is to decompress any content that comes back marked as compressed. My repo is at: https://github.com/learningit/plugin.video.rt The master branch or v1.2.0 branch is the latest. Download the zip file and uninstall the existing Russia Today News addon. Then install the downloaded zip file from settings - addons- install from zip file . You may need to exit xbmc after the uninstall to allow the install from zip file to work correctly. If this works for you I'll request to add to the official repo. Thanks

That seems to work perfectly.

Live still works (do you think you will ever put in a quality selection 180p, 240p, 360p, 720p, etc?).

Episodes have no issues playing either.

Though I noticed you only seem to have it set to play RT Global. Will there eventually be an option for America and Doc?

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RELEASE] Russia Today News Addon - by RedPenguin - 2013-10-12, 05:25
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Russia Today News Addon2