Recently added by airdate for Tv Shows (FIX)
This is what worked for me, might not work for you the way you want it.
I wanted my recently added (lateset episodes) widget on the home screen to be truly sort by airdate and not by added date. I read many posts and decided to try for myself. This is what i did to have my widget sort by airdate.

Modify this addon service.skin.widgets ( under %appdata etc...)
modify the file default.py in service.skin.widgets these lines below are 318 -321 for me while using notepad++

Code:
if request == 'RecentEpisode' and self.RECENTITEMS_UNPLAYED:
                json_query = xbmc.executeJSONRPC('%s "sort": {"order": "descending", "method": "dateadded"}, "filter": {"field": "playcount", "operator": "lessthan", "value": "1"}}}' %json_string)
            elif request == 'RecentEpisode':
                json_query = xbmc.executeJSONRPC('%s "sort": {"order": "descending", "method": "dateadded"}}}' %json_string)

modify the "dateadded" to "year" in line 319 and 321 (319 is if you hide watched, and 321 is if you do not hide watched)

Code:
if request == 'RecentEpisode' and self.RECENTITEMS_UNPLAYED:
                json_query = xbmc.executeJSONRPC('%s "sort": {"order": "descending", "method": "year"}, "filter": {"field": "playcount", "operator": "lessthan", "value": "1"}}}' %json_string)
            elif request == 'RecentEpisode':
                json_query = xbmc.executeJSONRPC('%s "sort": {"order": "descending", "method": "year"}}}' %json_string)

Then restart xbmc. and give it a minute and it should now show the latest aired tv show in the widget not the latest added..
Hopes this helps someone ! please let me know if it did Smile

Messages In This Thread
Recently added by airdate for Tv Shows (FIX) - by cruzannavy - 2013-09-21, 22:33
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recently added by airdate for Tv Shows (FIX)1