Video of latest xbmc code on Raspberry Pi
(2013-09-28, 16:42)popcornmix Wrote: People often complain xbmc on the Pi is too laggy to be usable.

Here is a demo of latest build running quite smoothly.

This is top of tree (Gotham) OpenELEC with some performance patches I'm currently working on.

The Movie played was 4 gigs and 720p.

The Pi is overclocked to 1GHz arm, 500MHz core and 600MHz sdram.
The install is on a USB stick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErWF2sYgJec

I've been struggling with to set up my RPi since I bought it in May 2013. I've reached the point where I just accepted it's limitations until I came across your video.
I've read though, that OpenElec represents the best solution for the Pi but yet I couldn't find a step-by-step set-up instruction.

I also had bad experience with the overclocking. I still have the 'confluence' skin and I could never make raspbmc to display my movies and series the way I could see in your video.

Man, would I be happy if I could get my Pi working the way yours does.

I was also amazed that you could control your Pi with the TV remote. How the heck did you do that? And what is CEC?

I have my OS installed on the SD card and a USB stick. I have experienced a power outage that led to corruption of the OS (don't know of which part) that came with the unpleasant need of re-installing raspbmc. I have read that you could create a backup of the OS and I did that using win32diskimager (I'm running Windows XP on my desktop). However when I gave it a try, meaning I restored the previously gained images back to the SD card and the USB stick, the Pi started with a complete new installation, no idea what went wrong.

So here is the challenge:
- provide a step-by-step procedure on how you installed your Pi (openElec, raspbmc, skin, settings to make it display the movie images, etc.)
- provide info upon the remote control via CEC
- speeding up the Pi (overclocking?)

I'd be happy to put together a step-by-step manual after having done the above on my Pi to share it with everyone.

cheers

Messages In This Thread
RE: - by godson - 2013-10-13, 00:29
RE: Video of latest xbmc code on Raspberry Pi - by derwildemann - 2013-11-25, 15:53
USB 2.0 vs. Class 10 vs. USB 3.0 - by xbs08 - 2013-12-13, 11:56
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video of latest xbmc code on Raspberry Pi6