Solved Updating Movies sources takes *forever*
I hope I am doing something wrong here, but whenever I update the Movies data sources (using the button above the main movie list) to detect new movies to be scraped it takes absolutely forever to finish. I understand the part of the process where it looks through the source folders for something new, the part I don't understand is after that it goes through the process of "updating MediaInfo & cleanup". I know it is working hard at something because my CPU utilization is plenty high during this process.

Now I understand I have a lot of movies (almost 2000) and once the updating process is done everything works great. It just seems like a long time to take to update the list every time I want to add a new movie to the database. It seems like it is updating MediaInfo (whatever that entails) for every single movie rather than just the new ones every time the sources are updated.

When I say it takes forever I mean around 15-20 minutes total, which certainly seems like forever! I've looked through the settings and I don't think I have anything unnecessary checked but I want to make sure this is normal behavior for TMM.
Client: XBMCuntu Frodo - ASRock ION 330 Pro - Logitech Harmony One
Server: 4U NORCO RPC-4220 20-drive case - UnRAID 5.0 - 38 TB parity-protected storage

Messages In This Thread
Updating Movies sources takes *forever* - by IceNine - 2013-10-11, 16:38
RE: - by myron - 2013-10-12, 18:00
RE: - by IceNine - 2013-10-12, 18:33
RE: - by mlaggner - 2013-10-12, 20:42
RE: - by IceNine - 2013-10-13, 03:01
RE: - by mlaggner - 2013-10-13, 09:25
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Updating Movies sources takes *forever*0