Raspberry PI + Sundtek USB DVB-C stick as PVR - does this work?
Hello Forum,

I am new to xbmc and video/TV things and I would like to ask for experience of other users.

Does anybody has a working setup with a Videorecorder and XBMC on a Raspberry with a Sundtek TV stick??

My first try with Openelec using tvheadend (all newest versions) worked but I had extreme bad quality, sporadically bad noise and stuttering, artefacts and interruptions. My RPI had a load level >3 ! (I tried all performance relevant settings, and I have licenses for the RPIs GPU HW support...)

The Sundtek technical support Forum mentioned in a thread that the combination RPI with XBMC is not working at all, because of the HW performance of the Raspberry !?! They only know about an RPI setup with VDR on Arch Linux.
On the other hand I found some posts where Raspberry PI and XBMC works as a video recorder.
(I want to use it for streaming mkv files from disk and record tv programmes as well)

My HW setup:
Raspberry model B
Realtec WLAN stick
Logitech wireless keyboard
Active 7-port usb hub
Sundtek MediaT Pro III USB DVB-C stick

Currently I try Raspian and compile vdr and than xbmc from source to understand how the software components work (I found only poor and confusing documentation until now).

Thanks in advance
Kallewirsch

Messages In This Thread
Raspberry PI + Sundtek USB DVB-C stick as PVR - does this work? - by kallewirsch66 - 2013-12-31, 15:03
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Raspberry PI + Sundtek USB DVB-C stick as PVR - does this work?0