Req XBMC rPi - Change output audio source
(2014-03-08, 23:09)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-03-07, 16:22)luksol Wrote: Does it work with hifiberry Digi and DTC/AC3 5.1 output?

No, but this should support HifiBerry DAC and HifiBerry Digi:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3669...a2f22b.tar

Thanks a lot for the image. The HifiBerry DAC works fine for me as well :-)

Could you please share the set of patches you applied to build the image and the id of the commit?

(2014-03-17, 14:46)ocpts Wrote:
(2014-03-13, 18:01)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-03-11, 14:19)ocpts Wrote: Is it possible to use different soundcards/settings for the audio and video player?
I want to use the hifiberry for audio playback and multichannel via HDMI for video...

I don't believe xbmc can support that, so that would need an xbmc feature request.

If all your video files were AC3/DTS, then you can specify HDMI as the passthrough device and HifiBerry as non-passthrough and it would do something close to what you want.

To answer my own question: It works! Without doing anything fancy... I just configured omxplayer as videoplayer and now I get multichannel sound via HDMI for videos and music is played via the hifiberry.

This trick worked for me as well. However, I'm afraid the audio is not bitperfect. Are you using any special setting in advancesettings.xml?

BTW, I'm currently using the default player for the video, and mpd for the music (I built the mpd unofficial addon for arm). Seems to sound very well.

Messages In This Thread
RE: XBMC rPi - Change output audio source - by n03l - 2014-03-23, 21:30
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC rPi - Change output audio source1