OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2
(2014-03-16, 05:13)Irisheyes Wrote: I'm sure this has been asked before, but searching doesn't throw up an answer. I'm trying to set up wifi, but I'm not getting anything under openelec settings/Connections - it's just blank. I'm using an Asus N10 micro, which I believe is supported and works under RaspBMC...

What am I missing this time? Probably something very obvious!

First of all, if your WiFi is not supported by OpenELEC you'll need to confirm the support situation by testing the official/stock OpenELEC 4.0 Beta - if the situation remains the same (ie. no working WiFi in OpenELEC 4.0 Beta) then raise the issue on the OpenELEC github, providing details of your WiFi hardware. With luck they may add official support which will then appear in these builds. It's unlikely that these test builds have broken support of your WiFi hardware (although it is possible, it's unlikely).

I did find this thread which suggests adding "modprobe r8712u" to load the driver for the ASUS USB-N10. Give that a try, then if you want the driver loaded automatically in future you'll need to ask the OpenELEC developers if they will add the necessary support (assuming it's not already working - see above). They may require detailed output from lsusb (vendor and product ids).

As a temporary measure, you can create a module conf file as follows:
Code:
echo "r8712u" > /storage/.config/modules-load.d/asus-n10-wifi.conf
and this will load the driver (assuming it's the right driver) every time your system is booted, which is better than nothing but having it handled automatically would be best (for everyone with a USB-N10).

Edit: r8712u should be supported by OpenELEC, so assuming this is the correct driver for your hardware the first step would be to confirm if your hardware is working in OE 4.0 Beta1 - if not, open an issue with lsusb and dmesg details (see this issue for an example). It could be that a recent kernel update has broken the driver. Or maybe it's FIQ FSM if your hardware works with the official release but not one of these test builds in which case try disabling FIQ FSM with either dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_mask=0x0 or dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_enable=0 and see if that has any effect.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 2 - by Milhouse - 2014-03-16, 07:16
AW: RE: - by DieterLumpen - 2013-07-29, 20:50
include guires switch? - by hpbaxxter - 2013-08-01, 21:46
RE: dual audio?? - by pootler - 2013-08-03, 17:13
Help, watch 3D Film on Non 3D TV - by unix72 - 2013-08-09, 12:39
Remote Controllers - by tfft - 2013-08-14, 09:11
rbej repeatable crash - by RichG - 2013-08-19, 12:43
New Tester - by theneverstill - 2013-10-03, 17:16
[split] missing subtitle stream - by Jönke - 2014-01-08, 21:03
3D Support - by michbeck100 - 2014-01-11, 01:01
No sound on Gotham builds - by URBANsUNITED - 2014-01-13, 15:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 223