[Project] Dual Audio Output support (Nexus/Matrix/Krypton/Jarvis/Isengard/Helix/...)
(2014-06-19, 02:09)DianeDrews Wrote: Perhaps i can get this the way you did, from a standard XBMC install in Ubuntu how did you copy the XBMC.bin across and update the settings.xml?
Hi,
First - to build xbmc to install over the top of a standard install you need to run configure as follows:
Code:
./configure --prefix=/usr ---disable-debug
Then once it's built copy xbmc.bin to /usr/bin
/usr/sha
Second, you need to add the second audio output section to settings.xml, which is stored in /usr/share/xbmc/system/settings
The easiest way, if you don't have any custom settings that you care about is just to copy the new 'master' from ./system/settings (where . is the root of your development build as in ./configure) over the top of that file.
If you want to preserve your custom settings, open the new one in an editor to copy-and-paste the second 'Audio Output' section between the two (which is what I did), you can find it fairly near the bottom (lines 2595 to 2877 in my version).
I haven't tried changing the label on that section to "audio output 2", which would make it more user-friendly - but expect that would mean changing other file(s) used for translations and so on (although "dual audio output enabled" has been added I think)
Hopefully you'll be able to get it going now.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [PATCH] Return of the Dual Audio Output support (Gotham/Frodo) - by PaulCarter - 2014-06-20, 11:32
Thank you! - by OCDHD - 2014-06-26, 03:56
Works great! Thank you! - by britishopen93 - 2014-07-18, 12:43
RPi Openelec.. how to.. - by kramegna - 2014-12-03, 17:27
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Project] Dual Audio Output support (Nexus/Matrix/Krypton/Jarvis/Isengard/Helix/...)9