Req Some Suggestions
1) ScrapSourceInfo:
In case of Scraper-fallback i didnt know from wehere data comes .....
Different sources different Quality of data ...

2) StandardArtworkFolder:
Yes by setting it in preferences is one way, but my scheme do this automatically (last used folder or ItemFolder) ....

3) FileDeletion:
Fine ...
if deleted to a backup foler its fine (dont forget to check the free space at backup folder first before deleting ... Wink
If no backup folder I personally woulde like an option in the Settings to Disable deleting of files ... i work a lot late at night and i'm not always trustable on what i'm doing ...

4) UnknownNFOTag:
What do you mean with line-by-line ... usually you use a xml parser and get an xml tree ...or not !?
Filter/select the branches/subbranches you care and ignore branches you dont care ....

NfoUpdatesOutside:
Has nothing specially to do with UnKnownNFOTags .... so i added Pt 6

5) Userscript:
Simly everything ... its up on the User .....
Everything you dont want to implement or we cant wait for it that it is implemented or its not worth to implement only for one or to users who need it ....

Primary focus on Changing replacing, compleeting nfo, artwork , files and folders .....

But with the right scripts you can imagine everything ....
- Copying selected movies to a folder to collect and give them to a friend ....
- Access a web Service and mark a movie as watched or i have it ...
- Make toast Wink
- Everything i even cant imagine ....

What to call ...?
User specifie a Commandline with Placeholders that are replaced with the selected item Data.....
TMM doesnt care what it is or what it do ... it only execute it ..
wait for return ....
get returncode and if true and the "something is changed and tmm has to care about it" <flag...> is set then acutalise db from Folder and/or NFO ....
Im a windows user and no Java Programmer so it is explaind out of my view, but i hope java can execute a commandline and wait for return(code), even under mac, linux ... Wink

New 6) NfoUpdatesOutside or better syncing NFO-DB, or better syncing NFO-DB-ScraperSources

What Values to take ? How do you do it now !?
And if i tell TMM to read the NFO then it is my intention to use the information from there ....

But if we talk about ....
How do TMM do it now ?
- If found NFO Take Data from NFO and thats it ? or
- Combine NFO data with SraperData "cascading" ?

And what about the TMMD DB ? Higher or lower position in the cascading chain .... a lot of Quiestions if we start to think about it ....
Other MediaManagers solved this by LockButtons for every Property ...
I dont know .....
What im sure .... if the user says read NFO (by ContextMenue or from a CustomScript or however) the Informations from NFO shoulde have Priority over everything ...
In this Cases its on the User to take care ....

But during writing this lines i realized that the UserScript xmlconfig need one more flag to be safe and consistent:
<flagUpdateNfoFirst> ... means it write data from DB to NFO File and then execute Script .... (if TMM dont store UnknownTags they get lost) ...
So if Items are changed in TMM we have the chance to update the nfo ... if the ScriptCreator wish it ...

So thats enough for now ....

Messages In This Thread
Some Suggestions - by dldummy - 2014-06-24, 16:05
RE: Some Suggestions - by dldummy - 2014-06-24, 23:04
RE: Some Suggestions - by myron - 2014-06-25, 08:36
RE: Some Suggestions - by dldummy - 2014-07-01, 15:59
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Some Suggestions0