[AirPlay][Warning] Don't update to iOS8 if you want AirPlay
(2014-09-24, 13:20)Memphiz Wrote: I don't think there is an easy way to fake the mac address which comes from the layer2 of the network stack. We only can influence the mac adress used in the announcements i guess.
No I don't mean faking the mac address in the actual layer 2 Ethernet packet headers - we can't easily do that. I mean faking the address in the bonjour announcements and within the protocol messages themselves.

I see from that document that the Airplay Video protocol does send the mac address embedded in the http request headers as well - which would have to match those sent in the bonjour announcements. However the Airplay Audio protocol doesn't (from a quick skim over that document) appear to embed the mac address within the protocol - hence I thought it would be easier for me to try faking the mac address for the raop service rather than the airplay service as then I don't have to edit the code in XBMC, other than disabling the built in announcements.

I'm trying to set up a test but I keep getting interrupted at work by actual work... Big Grin
Kodi 18.3 - Mid 2007 Mac Mini, 4GB, 2TB HD, Windows 7 SP1
Kodi 18.3 - Vero4k, Raspberry Pi 2. OSMC.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [AirPlay][Warning] Don't update to iOS8 if you want AirPlay - by DBMandrake - 2014-09-24, 13:48
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AirPlay][Warning] Don't update to iOS8 if you want AirPlay1