[AirPlay][Warning] Don't update to iOS8 if you want AirPlay
(2014-11-16, 00:11)DBMandrake Wrote: ...So I have to wonder whether AussieFries switched back and forth between the two test builds multiple times and tested a sufficient number of times on each (including rebooting iOS devices) to draw a firm conclusion, as my results for speed of detection as video were very erratic with or without srcvers...

The Pi was never detected as video immediately but the Mac often was even with identical announcements. Perhaps a small difference in the refresh behaviour between Apple's Bonjour and Avahi ?

First of all thank you very much for your time and efforts to test Kodi versions with and without srcvers.

I have used the Oct 5th build for a considerable amount of time on a daily basis and I noticed its AirPlay availability behavior seemed more consistent than that of later builds. To me it seemed running multiple Kodi instances (not necessarily simultaneously) on the network makes AirPlay availability even more erratic and so I haven't tested both setups the way you describe it.

Whatever caused the difference, I'm a happy Kodi 14 Beta 2 user now. DBMandrake and Memphiz, thanks again for your great work!

Messages In This Thread
[AirPlay][Warning] Don't update to iOS8 if you want AirPlay - by AussieFries - 2014-11-16, 10:41
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AirPlay][Warning] Don't update to iOS8 if you want AirPlay1