CarPi - <13 secs to Kodi GUI - can it boot faster?
(2014-08-04, 07:24)lrusak Wrote: [
Here is how to change the scheduler. (using SSH)
Code:
nano /storage/.config/udev.rules.d/80-io-scheduler.rules
then paste in
Code:
ACTION=="add|change", KERNEL=="sd[a-z]|mmcblk[0-9]", ATTR{queue/rotational}=="0", ATTR{queue/scheduler}="deadline"
Make sure it is all on one line.
Thanks! Easier than expected.

(2014-08-04, 07:24)lrusak Wrote: Nah, just a some normal sandisk card.
This is my overclock
Code:
arm_freq=1150
core_freq=575
sdram_freq=600
over_voltage=6

I also have force_turbo=1 set
That will boot a bit faster with that overclock...I'll try force_turbo=1 too...I've already voided my warranty on my other Pi! :-)

(2014-08-04, 07:24)lrusak Wrote: This time is until everything starts, so XBMC is started, but it may appear a bit quicker then your visual timing.
I guess that's true. I'm not sure how much time the bootloader takes...that might not be in your timing, but is in mine.

(2014-08-04, 07:24)lrusak Wrote: Doh, the image is actually an SVG, I'll update my other post to reflect. I have now converted it to a png, so here is the new link.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wt3h934mween7k...213653.png
That graph is interesting I'll have to try that with an SSH enabled build. I usually disable Samba in OE settings and only enable it when my daughter is watching a video and I want to access the music via my phone. There are a few services in there I can look at pulling out.

Fun stuff!

Messages In This Thread
RE: CarPi - 16.5 sec.boot to xbmc menu - can it boot faster? - by doug - 2014-08-04, 07:47
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CarPi - <13 secs to Kodi GUI - can it boot faster?0