Missing the point
Most people use it as a movie- or TVshow player and it's great imho in that respect. Regarding playing music, I grant you that it is a bit disappointing. However, I haven't seen any other media player that does this well. They all disappoint in that aspect.
If you want to play music when you're sitting in front of your PC, you are much better off using something like Musicbee, Foobar or even Winamp. XBMC is better suited if you are sitting in your living room using your TV to navigate through your music library.

Some of your questions does seem to indicate that you have missed some options in XMBC though. In the library you can browse through genre's or use a search function. You can use (smart)playlists to further finetune your music selection.

...and indeed make sure you use library view to navigate your music. If you haven't that explains a lot of your comments.
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.

Messages In This Thread
Missing the point - by Imazed - 2014-11-09, 18:33
RE: Missing the point - by pkscout - 2014-11-09, 19:39
RE: Missing the point - by PH-SYM - 2014-11-09, 19:47
RE: Missing the point - by Imazed - 2014-11-09, 19:49
RE: Missing the point - by Imazed - 2014-11-09, 20:43
RE: Missing the point - by PH-SYM - 2014-11-10, 12:40
RE: Missing the point - by Imazed - 2014-11-10, 19:06
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Missing the point0