Music - your input required on multiple-artist
Thanks for your message. First of all, no worries, nothing will break as actually nothing changes for existing users. I agree that this is better in the "feature requests" section.

Let me elaborate a bit on the what the problem statement is:

Currently, Kodi reads the "artist" as well as the "albumartist" tag, which may or may not include multiple artists. For example, three artists record a song together and the artist of this song is called "Chakuza & RAF Camora feat. Joshi Mizu". This is the current treatment and may or may not be an issue for some. Some may actually not care and are fine that these three artists combined show up as one artist in the list.

Given I do not suggest to change the "artist" tag, the result will not change for anyone as Kodi should still read the "artist" tag and will continue to get this information.

There are some people who would like to differentiate more granular that there are actually three different artists who jointly recorded this song. I am suggesting Kodi to read the MBZ tag "artists", which includes the three artists (separated by a " / "). For those people that do not have this "tag", nothing changes. For the ones that have such a tag, Kodi would use "artist" to display the song artist, but use the "artists" information for sorting in the library.

The multi-language issue (feat. avec mit etc.) would not be an issue as Kodi would not need to be able to differentiate between this. Kodi will get the displayed name from the "artist" tag as it does today, which includes feat. avec or whatever else. The "artists" tag will provide multiple artists, but not the combining word between them.

Is this more clear? Can some moderator move this to the "feature request" section?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi

Messages In This Thread
RE: Music - your input required on multiple-artist - by steve1977 - 2015-01-12, 16:54
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music - your input required on multiple-artist0