Changing the Sort Title criteria in Movie Sets?
I'm not sure if this is the intended way it's supposed to work or not but if I create a Movie Set then the <sorttitle> Field for that Set is always populated by the movies in that Set in date order i.e the oldest dated movie is the first entry, the newest the last. My quesion is is there any way to populate this Set in alphabetical order instead? I know I can change the order manually inside TMM to achieve this but I have Sets with a lot of movies in them that I want to display alphabetically in Kodi by name and moving them one at a time up and down the list would take ages. Since Kodi uses the <sorttitle> field as the basis for its 'Sort by Title' functions this means that at present it doesn't matter whether you choose the Title or Date sort criteria in Kodi the results are displayed exacty the same (bar a small shuffling for movies that share the same date.)

At present the only way I can get Kodi to correctly display a movie Set created by TMM in alphabetical order is is to manually remove the <sorttitle> field completely from each NFO file and let the program decide on the order rather than have it forced upon it. I know how important this field is to some people so I don't want to see an option for it to be removed but could there be some other way to generate the sort title other than by date? Alternatively could the <sorttitle> field contain just a number rather than the Set Name and a number since the Set Name is already present in the <set> field?

Thanks.

Messages In This Thread
Changing the Sort Title criteria in Movie Sets? - by Stoofer - 2015-04-04, 16:33
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Changing the Sort Title criteria in Movie Sets?0