Mod Extended Info AddOn Support in Transparency!
Information 
I have been messing around with the Extended Info Addon (Available in the Kodi Repository), and really like it! At the same time, I did not like launching the AddOn directly and displaying seemingly random movies from the web to choose from. The AddOn has the ability to "send" it a movie name, and display the information for that movie. That was what aloud me to create this Mod to the Transparency skin.

First, I am NOT a skinner, and this all took me quite a while to muddle through and get to work! What I did was to add an additional button on the Video Dialog screen (Pop up that displays when pressing "Info" while a movie or TV show is selected in the list) When you select this button, it feeds the current movie to the AddOn. I am pretty sure that I covered all bases and have everything as it should be. If you have any problems, just let me know!

The Extended Info AddOn has a LOT of features, my favorite being the YouTube videos that it scrapes when viewing an actors biography. They are playable right through the interface by selecting them. Of course the large HD actor view is a plus as well compared to the standard tiny thumbnail images Wink

Here is the new button on the DialogVideoInfo screen:

Here is the main screen when you click the "Extended Info" button

The Actors Detailed Information:

It should be mentioned that all of the information displayed in this AddOn is pulled from TMDB, so an Internet connection is required to retrieve the information whenever you use the AddOn.

The only file altered is the DialogVideoInfo.xml. You can download the file HERE from my OneDrive.

Simply unzip the file, and place it in the skin folder
For Windows 7 & 8:
C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.transparency\720p

For Windows XP:
c:\program files\Kodi\addons\skin.transparency\720p

[MOD]
------------------------------------------
Intel Quad core 3.8 Ghz / Windows 11 Pro / 32 gigs RAM/ MCE Remote /20 Tb storage / Intel Iris 550 chip-set outputting 4k via HDMI to a 80" LED TV / just over 5,800 movies

Have you entered your 5 Movies? - Support themoviedb.org as THE best open source movie information site.

Messages In This Thread
Extended Info AddOn Support in Transparency! - by JohnWPB - 2015-05-26, 00:21
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Extended Info AddOn Support in Transparency!1