Nvidia Shield Android TV test builds
(2015-05-31, 21:37)drhill Wrote: I think I get it. I was toying around with setting that (on the Chromebox) to 23.976 because most of the tv shows (and all the movies besides like 10 documentaries) are that refresh rate. That only leaves live tv at 59.94. So it would reduce refresh rate switching. The problem was it felt too choppy at ~24hz and there was no motion blur in the animations so it is noticable.

It shouldn't reduce the refresh rate switching. I miss spoke anyway, it doesn't set the refresh rate to a static setting, it just sets the default refresh rate.

If you set it to 24 or 23.98 it will default to that instead of 60, but it still allows it to changes to 60, 30, or what ever during video playback if you still have the adjust to display refresh rate set.

The biggest thing with using that is that since most movies are 23.976 it keeps it from constantly having to switch refresh rates when you go back to the UI. On a side note, it also partially helps with my audio pass-through issue.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nvidia Shield Android TV test builds - by Tinwarble - 2015-05-31, 22:10
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nvidia Shield Android TV test builds1