Win HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players ISO Menus
(2018-01-30, 02:32)brazen1 Wrote: RCA is short for Reduce Compression Artifacts under Processing/Artifact Removal tab.  So is RBA, RRA, and RRN.  Fwiw, I created a profile for 'Processing' and separated processes for 'UHD', 'HD', and 'SD' because I use different processing for each and have a mix of these in my collection.  That should answer your 2nd question.  Yes, my library covers a pretty large variation of titles.  My aim has always been to cover everything in the Kodi wiki test files, many of which represent my own collection.  I don't necessarily reserve a specific type for a specific player.  I have 3 players.  Sometimes I manually select the player I prefer for a title and other times allow the default player to play that same title at another viewing or perhaps even select a 3rd player manually.  I like the simple versatility and make use of it.
Thanks brazen1, I didn't realize you were talking about those.  I do have Reduce Banding Artifacts on, with default strength set to low, and strength during fade in/out set to medium.  I had not changed this.  I do not have any of the others set.  I thought you meant the settings under upscaling refinement.  I realize that those were doing nothing, since there was no upscaling being done.

I think I will have to change my chroma upscaling to NGU Sharp medium, since I am still getting dropped frames with NGU Sharp high.  I just set the Image Upscaling to Jinc like you mentioned, I had forgotten about that one.  What should I have for Image Downscaling? Right now I have SSIM 1D strength 100%, but I don't know if this is something I could change so I can try other enhancements.

I like the idea of using external player for more media, and, like you, I have a very diverse collection that includes SD, HD (720p and 1080p) and now 4K.  Do you suggest following the guide that Warner306 wrote (which you reference in your guide in post #205) for creating the profiles? Would you be willing to share your settings for the different profiles you have?

Also, is there any advantage to using PowerDVD if I do not have .iso in my collection, or I don't use menus? Should I consider buying it?  I know that PowerDVD does not use madVR, correct? What other players do you use that do use madVR, apart from MPC-BE?
As always, thank you for your help and advice.

Regards,

Bart

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by brazen1 - 2015-06-15, 22:20
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by brazen1 - 2015-06-15, 22:29
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by michaelsammler - 2015-06-22, 00:38
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by brazen1 - 2015-06-23, 17:15
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by michaelsammler - 2015-06-24, 02:23
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by brazen1 - 2015-06-24, 17:22
RE: Kodi 3D Guide - by michaelsammler - 2015-06-25, 09:26
RE: HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players - by bsoriano - 2018-01-30, 20:53
HELP! - by brazen1 - 2018-08-22, 18:50
RE: HELP! - by zxaura1 - 2018-08-24, 09:32
Problem with DXVA scaling videos - by obstler - 2018-10-27, 10:13
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players ISO Menus39