OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)
(2015-11-02, 20:51)galopogos Wrote: Hi All
A little bit of topic,
I installed the latest test build on my rasp pi 2 and I just bought a wifi adapter from Sitecom: the AC600 dual band

It is not recognized on the connections section (only the option for wired connections is available)
on the shop they told me that I need to install the driver RTL8812

Do you know how can I install it via ssh?

thanks

The RTL8812AU driver is included but it's possible the Sitecom usb vendor/product id isn't recognised by this driver, and requires an update. Please test with OpenELEC 6.0 and if not supported post on the OpenELEC forum so that it can be investigated - you'll need to upload the output from "dmesg" and "lsusb" commands.

As a short term measure, you could try the following:
Code:
modprobe 8812au
echo "vid:pid" > /sys/bus/usb/drivers/rtl8812au/new_id
where vid:pid is the vendor id and product id shown by lsusb for your Sitecom device (eg. "0df6:0077").

If the above works, add it to autostart.sh, but still contact the OpenELEC developers on their forum if you want long term support.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
Bluetooth on #1003 - by cdvreede - 2015-10-13, 11:08
Re: RE: Bluetooth on #1003 - by Milhouse - 2015-10-13, 13:24
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0) - by Milhouse - 2015-11-02, 21:02
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)10