OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)
(2015-12-02, 15:06)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-12-02, 14:46)afremont Wrote: There seems to be some kind of memory leak after an hour or two of watching live TV and memory usage gets up there and so does CPU usage, then it starts dropping frames badly. htop seems to indicate that the main thread is the problem (the one with the lowest pid).

That's a little worrying. Since this is live TV I suppose there are no subtitles? Can you provide a debug log when you start the stream. Which PVR client are you using? Are you able to provide a reproducible (recorded) sample or is it only with live playback?

I can't really provide a sample since it seems to just be a time related thing. Stopping playback and restarting it usually fixes it for a while. I haven't noticed this exact symptom with playing back recordings, but most of the recordings are 30 minutes long or 1 hour at the most. I think everything is okay with my network and my video signal quality. I have gigabit equipment, of course the pi doesn't have a gigabit jack. I have decent network switches and everything else on my network seems to be working as it should.

Here is a debug log where I started the stream using videoplayer (not omxplayer) after having had the problem occur. In between I did try omxplayer, but switched back to videoplayer (mmal) when I enabled the debug logging. I hope this helps. Smile
http://sprunge.us/VjQh
Experience: It's what you get when you were expecting something else.

Messages In This Thread
Bluetooth on #1003 - by cdvreede - 2015-10-13, 11:08
Re: RE: Bluetooth on #1003 - by Milhouse - 2015-10-13, 13:24
RE: OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0) - by afremont - 2015-12-02, 17:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)10