Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server
Unfortunately I am still struggling with the video stuttering issue. (logs in my previous post)

When I try do diagnose the issue with the Birds sample video. I clearly see that the video "hangs" for one (or mabye two) frames roughly every second. The interval between the occurrences seems to be constant.
The issue is easy to notice when many things are moving in the video, in more quiet scenes I do not notice the issue at all.

I tried disabling passthough and setting "Sync Playback to Display" to On, with "Adjust Refreshrate to match video" off, so that I can configured a fixed refresh rate. With these settings I see that higher refresh rates (50 or 60 hz) seem to make the videos a bit smoother. I suspect that the video hangs for one frame only, and the hang itself is shorter in this case.

I also tried tuning with the xorg config file (e.g. enabling the TearFree setting), but that did not seem to make any difference.
I have tried to downgrade kodi to 2.17.6, but that did not resolve my issue (so I upgraded again).

I did found one recommendation on stackexchange which I did not try yet. Which is uninstalling the xserver-xorg-video-intel package.
The package info (apt-cache show xserver-xorg-video-intel) states
Quote: The use of this driver is discouraged if your hw is new enough (ca. 2007 and newer). You can try uninstalling this driver and let the server use it's builtin modesetting driver instead.
Is there any reason to not use the builtin modesetting driver?
Any other suggestions for things to try which can resolve my video stuttering issue?

Messages In This Thread
Live TV broken again? - by schamane - 2016-02-29, 19:56
Random crashes - by hal2100 - 2016-03-08, 22:03
Strange Behaviour - by MicTie - 2016-12-07, 10:46
RE: Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server - by ruudjewee - 2019-03-24, 11:58
Working lirc with mce remote - by fr1day - 2019-08-10, 17:36
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server18