[AirPlay][Warning] Don't update to iOS9 if you want AirPlay to Kodi
hey memphiz,

thanks for clearing things out. I thought it's also the audio which is not working.
Don' get me wrong I really liked the feature of airplaying video to kodi.
But as I remember videos and pictures aren't working since iOS 8 and also metadata wasn't working as expected (for me) with iOS8 and kodi.
I'm also not a fan of hacky solutions, but I think many people would even enjoy "only" audio without metadata in kodi.
I can imagine that it's not that easy like in a standalone program because it's built-in to kodi.
But for me it sounds like it will take a long time to finish the "complete" solution with handshake and it's not said to be ever finished?!
I don't want to stress you and it sounds that you are the "airplay-guy" in kodi so it must be many work for you and I really appreciate it.
Also I know it's my fault that I pressed the update button (of iOS ;-) )

Another thought: could it be possible to make an extra airplay addon with only audio enabled?
I'm not deep enough in addons, do they need to be written in Python?
Sure I can compile shairport-sync in OSMC at my rpi2 but then kodi and shairport always fight for alsaaudio device.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [AirPlay][Warning] Don't update to iOS9 if you want AirPlay to Kodi - by maui87 - 2015-09-23, 14:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AirPlay][Warning] Don't update to iOS9 if you want AirPlay to Kodi3