DTS passthrough issue with internal Kodi player on Nvidia Shield TV
Just wanted to add to this that I'm also having problems playing Dolby/DTS via Kodi on an Nvidia ShieldTV.

Have been using 15.2 and if enabled, audio passthrough produces nothing but very loud static noise on my receiver (Denon AVR-X2200W) but does work fine with the Netflix app.

I've tried a mix of files covering regular Dolby, DTS, DTS:MA, and Dolby Atmos. All supported by the receiver but just not able to get the stream out of Kodi. If I run Netflix, the AVR auto switches to 'Dolby Surround' but when playing anything via Kodi it shows "Multi in" (PCM) at the menus and then either stays at that or swaps to "Stereo" when playing any Dolby/DTS file.

I've also tried installing the latest Jarvis nightly (as of yesterday) and there's still no improvement. I can enable the settings for software decoding and that will send a multi channel PCM to the receiver but if passthrough is enabled then it's still only static I get.

Is this something I'll just have to wait for it to be fixed by the devs or if anyone has any suggestions for anything else I can try to get it working it would be much appreciated.

Messages In This Thread
RE: DTS passthrough issue with internal Kodi player on Nvidia Shield TV - by TurtlePlaneAxe - 2015-12-09, 18:27
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DTS passthrough issue with internal Kodi player on Nvidia Shield TV0