v16 Android pass-through test thread. EXPERIMENTAL!!!
Situation on my side.

TV Sony W755 + audio Denon AVR1705 - connected by optic cable.

Kodi 15.2 - when passthrough option is enabled playing DTS movie TV is generating very loud stertorous sound (like short circuit on speaker) which is not possible to mute, even when volume level is on minimum or even fully mute - this sound is very loud. Not possible to watch anything because of that, audio system is switching to DTS but because I'm afraid of speakers in my TV I had to switch movie off instantly. No problem with picture smoothness at all.

Kodi 16 rc3 - the same as above with audio, had no time to check picture smoothness.

Kodi 16 passthrough build 30.01.2016 - when passthrough option is enabled playing DTS movie no problem with audio described above, TV is generating some quiet noise in DTS movies (buzzing) but it's possible to hear original audio from the movie and it's possible to fully mute. Audio system is switching to DTS correctly, no issues with sound at all. Unfortunately on some add-ons picture smoothness is quite bad, like very quick slideshow.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Android pass-through test thread. EXPERIMENTAL!!! - by iksik2 - 2016-02-11, 10:25
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Android pass-through test thread. EXPERIMENTAL!!!11