START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020)
(2017-02-26, 12:00)Vimes Wrote:
(2017-02-25, 23:47)viz55 Wrote: Hello all,
if you have read my comments earlier on this thread, you might be interesting to know few things of my short (so far) experience.
I finally bought Wetek play2 and here are my boot times
33sec for booting WEOS (with no dual boot present)
41sec for booting KODI autostart from WEOS (with no dual boot present)
38sec for booting WePLayer autostart from WEOS (with no dual boot present)
38sec for booting WEOS (with dual boot present)
46sec for booting KODI autostart from WEOS (with dual boot present)
45sec for booting WePLayer autostart from WEOS (with dual boot present)
44sec for booting KODI from LibreELEC (with dual boot present) using an old micro SD HC card class 4
37sec for booting KODI from LibreELEC (with dual boot present) using a newer micro SD XC card class 10 UHS-I U1
I will try a U3 card as well.I believe a worth mentioning time saving is to install libreELEC on wetek's ram but this makes me loose my warranty and also the money spent for having wetek as firmware developers.
To be honest when i was searching for a TV box i did not have a clear understanding of where KODI capabilities end so i thought why not having android as well. Not that i got the whole picture better, if i could buy again i would definetly go with wrxtasy suggestion to me ODROID C2.

Lovingly strokes his C2, with its sub 10 seconds boot time using a eMMC card and LibreELEC Big Grin

" I believe a worth mentioning time saving is to install libreELEC on wetek's ram but this makes me loose my warranty and also the money spent for having wetek as firmware developers. "

Really ?? So if you install LibreElec to NAND on a Wetek device you void your warranty ? Doesn't sound right to me... So if you have a hardware issue you wont be covered by warranty because you installed LibreElec to NAND ?

Fair enough I understand why software support will no longer be relevant if you have your own OS on the device, but your warranty should still be intact. Like most laptop or desktop computers for example if you buy a machine with a Windows OS and decide to get rid of windows and install another flavour of OS say,...Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Fedora etc etc... You dont void your warranty, your still covered for hardware faults.

Messages In This Thread
The right box for me - by tyem - 2016-01-13, 15:29
Jesus Box - by kellyvb - 2016-03-04, 20:18
Thanks for the Help! - by jmc15john - 2016-11-09, 16:44
Jarvis crashes and wipes - by gotthis2000 - 2017-01-10, 22:14
RE: Jarvis crashes and wipes - by nickr - 2017-01-10, 22:58
RE: START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Feb 2017) - by gsmtech - 2017-02-28, 13:14
T95Z Plus Android TV Box - by gooner1971 - 2017-03-17, 13:04
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020)28