Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options
(2017-01-09, 19:05)efegue Wrote: haha, this china bois!

"World's best android tv", right.

Not android TV ,but maybe worlds most capable kodi media devices in the 50 dollar and below category... unless of course you need DRM conent like netflix etc..

On a serious note there are limitations to budget devices and compromises which can be expected for the price your paying like:

- WiFi is not very good on some devices due to poor internal antennas, some cheaper devices also only support single band 2.4ghz WiFi, I know some people have soldered small external antennas to the boards and worked around this issues. Hard wired ethernet is always better option than WiFi anyway.

- Android buids from the manufacturers are generally pretty basic and crap, especally the Android 6 builds, Android 5.1 builds are more stable. You may be able to use a custom ROM like xannytech or a ported. Minix ROM though,

- Dont expect ongoing support after 2 or 3 OTA updates when the box is relatively new to market, manufacturers will drop support and move on to the next models off box meaning you once again need to rely on custom ROM support if you need android, or maybe your build will be stable by then... Generally android is stable on 5.1.on my Mini MX and on my M8S II I run the xannytech ROM.

- Of course if you dont need android and want a Kodi only device go with Kazaqs excellent LibreElec builds...and negate all android issues Wink

In short, do your research first, find out which budget devices are the good ones to go for, dont buy blindly based on price/spec alone. Most of the common cheap devices will all run LibreElec quite well...nexbox, beelink, MBox etc... with the exception of some WiFI/Bluetooth drivers which is why you need to do some reading on the LibreElec forums... Pleanty of fantastic bargains out there.

I wonder where all the more expensive "premium" branded devices are made ?? The same factories in China of course...with a 500 % markup

Messages In This Thread
RE: Budget AML S905 Boxes Shootout! - by 808? - 2016-06-14, 07:02
RE: Budget AMLogic S905/S905X/S912 Media Player Options - by gsmtech - 2017-01-10, 13:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options6