ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46
(2016-10-10, 16:14)briand095 Wrote: Is the SD card optional after install or needed at all for installation of LE? I like the idea of the eMMC storage card. I like what I have read so far of this board, looking for something to put in back bedroom for the grandkids to use and keep there filthy mitts off of everything in the living room, if that can ever be accomplished. thanks
You can run LibreELEC off either a mSD or eMMC on the C2 and just swap Em out easily if you say want a bit of Android or Linux OS action.
eMMC is quicker booting by about 10 seconds and slightly snappier, but they are pretty close for day to day use. Scraping a large video library is quicker with eMMC flash storage.

A fast mSD card like the proven Samsung EVO (+) or Sandisk UHS1 Class 10 ones would be more fine. These are the only brands I recommend for AMLogic devices.

And just for a little bit of a bonus vs the rest of the AML S905 LE devices getting about. The C2 now has user adjustable CPU clock speeds, over and above the Hard Limit AMLogic deceptively set. And just yesterday I added a user user adjustable DDR3 RAM speed tweak to LE 7.1.
This allows those with Ambilight and similar devices to use them for HEVC now. A problem previously for HEVC activating Ambilight on AMLogic platforms.

The C2 is the fastest S905 AML LibreELEC box getting around. That great big Heatsink on the C2 helps a LOT.

HardKernel are to be commended for making possible these tweaks and adjustments for C2 users Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $40 - by wrxtasy - 2016-10-10, 17:37
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $4610