Yamaha RX-A3050 vs. Marantz SR7010 vs. Denon AVR-X6200W for 7.1.4 ATMOS & DTS:X
So, finally aboard the ATMOS and DTS:X bandwagon... and it's awesome Big Grin! Honestly hadn't expected height audio to have that much impact, coming from an already nice 7.1 set-up, but it indeed does. It's more immersive, and what I particularly love about the new audio formats is the pinpoint placement of audio and effects at specific spots 360-degrees around you. Have mostly tested ATMOS and X samples so far, but love it. Haven't tested enough, but so far, ATMOS seems marginally better than X.

Some pics of my install and finished set-up here.

Was a PITA though as my HT is in the basement, so had to cut drywall, drill holes through studs in difficult spots, fish speaker wires through, repair and finally set-up. Took 3-4 days, off and on. Also, setting up main Yamaha 3050 AVR w/second Denon AVR to driver fronts in 7.1.4 was bang-your-head-in-the-wall affair for a couple of hours. I was getting no audio from the second AMP... then, finally figured it out: the CD input was set to HDMI, and had to be changed to accept analog! Duh!

Thankfully, Yamaha's YPAO calibration, room correction set-up was a breeze Smile!

Thanks for all the advise and suggestions in the thread.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT

Messages In This Thread
RE: Yamaha RX-A3050 vs. Marantz SR7010 vs. Denon AVR-X6200W for 7.1.4 ATMOS & DTS:X - by hdmkv - 2016-05-07, 17:51
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Yamaha RX-A3050 vs. Marantz SR7010 vs. Denon AVR-X6200W for 7.1.4 ATMOS & DTS:X1