Marvel Cinematic Universe - Movieset Ordering
I am trying to figure out how to get the proper MCU (and other lists) sorted properly. I've not used movie sets but have flagged all MCU movies with a custom tag that will pull them together via a smart playlist but will not order them properly. The closest I can do is by year but when multiple movies have the same release year it then sorts movies with the same year alphabetically. This means the 'Captain America: The First avenger' is listed BEFORE "Thor" even though it should be listed after, by release and proper MCU order.

Is there a sub-sorting method within the <set> </set> field that the wiki doesn't explain well? I do not mean the movie's sorttitle as that will affect where these movies sort to in the main library and for that I want all Iron Man movies under I and all Thor movies under T, etc. 

I tried to create my own <mcu>###</mcu> field in the .nfo hoping I could pull the numerical value for sequencing the way <top250> works but that did not seem to do anything proper.

Is there another method of sorting that still eludes me here?

Cheers!

Just wanted to add that in 2011 2 films get out of order - Captain America: The First Avenger ends up before Thor. In 2015 Ant-Man ends up before Avengers: Age of Ultron. This year 3 films will be out of order - Ant-Man and The Wasp will be before Avengers: Infinity War and both will be before Black Panther. That's really starting to get the MCU out of order without another sorting solution that is not dependent on sorttitle.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Marvel Cinematic Universe - Movieset Ordering - by K0D1User1138 - 2018-06-29, 15:53
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Marvel Cinematic Universe - Movieset Ordering0