adblink 6.1 Windows/Mac/Linux Companion for Kodi
(2016-08-02, 19:22)7tv7 Wrote: first time user here so i am just starting off. i am using 2.05 for Mac and just trying to backup and then clone my Fire Stick to my other Fire Stick.

i connected my "Master Fire Stick"

then clicked "Backup"

it then popped up a window asking for the Partition to be the "/sdcard/"

does this clone everything on my "Master Fire Stick" or do i have to do something else?

i see that the "preset directories" in adbLink is set to "addons" as a default. is that how i should have it set to make an exact clone of my fire stick?

thanks for any advice! i am new to this and love my fire stick!!!!

Cloning is impossible unless you have a unlocked bootloader which is not available on Fire Stick.

The backup function backs up Kodi's data; the /sdcard/ partition is where Kodi stores its data by default. This partition can't be changed when working with the Fire Stick. I

Once you create a backup of your preferred Kodi setup you can restore the backup to different sticks, duplicating your Kodi setup.

The "preset directories" are used to copy files to/from your device; "push/pull" in Android terminology. An example would be to "pull" a file from your Kodi's userdata directory to your Mac: select the preset "userdata", then press "pull". You'll see a list of files in your userdata directory; you can select one to be "pulled" to your Mac. The ad hoc" directory allows you to type in a directory not listed in presets.
adbLink The Kodi Companion. Available for Windows, Mac & Linux.

Messages In This Thread
RE: adbLink 2.05: Windows/Mac/Linux Companion for Android Kodi - by jocala - 2016-08-02, 19:50
adbLink v 3.6 released - by jocala - 2018-02-28, 22:57
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
adblink 6.1 Windows/Mac/Linux Companion for Kodi2