WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K
(2016-07-28, 16:10)Eve72 Wrote: Hi all!

Been reading this forum for many years but only now registered as I need some help.

I Have the new Wetek Hub and I knew that the Kodi krypton alpha version is not stable but thought Wetek media player of at least Libreelec would be. To my surprize that wasn´t the case. I get multiple freezes every now and then and the only solution is to pull the cord. Kodi just freezes and doesn´t react to anything. On Wetek media player and on LE I´m using Rapier skin. I´d be very surprized to hear the freezing is caused by skin. On LE I´m using Samsung Evo 16GT MSD.

Naturally I have updated (OTA) the Hub to the latest version.

My Hub is connected to AVR and from there to my TV. I´m using flirc and Logitech harmony Companion.

Any help would be more than appreciated.

The Skin you use along with other things running in the background, definitely affect your performance on this box! I learn this the hard way last night.

I have a custom build I designed myself using Xconfluence Skin that's pretty large (almost 2GB) with TrueHD intro video, over 200 background images that auto change on a timer and every time you switch menu categories, auto runs VPN, custom widgets, large TV Show and Movie Library integration, many RSS Feeds, lots of bells and whistles, etc. etc. etc.

What's my point? I normally run this build flawlessly on my i3 Chromebox that also has 16GB of RAM (I'm a heavy torrent user) BUT when I decided to install it on the Wetek Hub - it crippled it!

All your symptoms and then some... Crashes, freezes, I couldn't stream anything without choking and pauses, couldn't even play local content from my hard drive (that's powered by external powered hub) My AVR played sound on its first boot, but then that also took a dump. Then I couldn't get the sound working again. I unplugged all HDMI cables, rebooted the Hub and AVR multiples times with no avail. I honestly thought my AVR was done. Finally I unplugged the AVR's power cable from the wall - that did the trick and sound was back again. Just a horrible experience. Almost packed the Hub and returned it.

But today I had the time to analyze what my build contained and so I started removing most bells and whistles as I noticed that the Hub barely had any free memory available. The 1GB RAM on it is simply NOT enough to run all the things I threw at it. (what's sad is that my build runs perfectly fine on the Amazon Fire TV, granted that has 2GB RAM)

The #1 culprit of not being able to play content well... was having zero cache enabled on advancedsettings.xml file. Obviously this isn't a problem on the Chromebox, but on the Hub running LibreELEC from the mSDCard... huge NO NO! I have now changed this xml file to use 150MB of buffer instead as I literally only have less than 500mb of available RAM using STOCK skin. With the other skin... fogetaboutit!

Even after removing most bells and whistles, the navigation lag is still there using Xconfluence. The minute I switch to Confluence, the Hub is fine again. Sadly, 1GB RAM is just not enough. Wetek really should have put 2GB on this unit. But at least playing content issue is resolved and so is the HD audio issue. Up next is the refresh rate... still having problems there. Sorry long rant, but I hope this helps you as well.
4GB ODROID N2 64GB eMMC, Asus i3 Chromebox 128GB, Nvidia Shield TV Pro, Wetek Hub, AFTV
CoreELEC Nightly, LibreELEC 9.2, Kodi 20.2 
LG 65" OLED C9 and Integra DRX 3.4 w/ Dirac Live Atmos 5.1.2

Messages In This Thread
RE: WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K - by Newbie_from_NJ - 2016-07-29, 03:59
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Hub - 24p HD Netflix - HD Kodi Audio - 10bit HEVC - Lollipop - 4K3