v17 replaygain doesn't seem to be working
(2017-03-17, 22:32)John R Leddy Wrote:
(2017-03-17, 19:45)DaveBlake Wrote:
(2017-03-17, 17:17)jjd-uk Wrote: Any replaygain issues should probably be raised on trac with clear description, sample file, and log file then assigned to Fernetmenta.
True. But it could be quicker to talk to me clearly instead.
Point taken, but as the necessary ReplayGain user options haven't been implemented yet, these actions aren't a requirement.
Odd attitude John. I came along this morning with the intention of trying to solve this issue, now I feel quite unlike doing so.

Of course users are not "required" to raise Trac issues, and reciprocally no one on the dev team is "required" to implement or fix anything, or provide support. You go on to state what you think users require, do you think that means someone will be motivated do anything about what you want?

What Kodi needs most right now is friendly collaboration: the dev team is tiny, the user base is vast. There is no place for an attitude of entitlement, which is how your tone sounded to me.

Fernet knows most about the player, but does not watch the forum, so a clearly stated Trac issue is the best way to get his attention. JJD was giving good advise. I understand how hard it can be to express problems clearly, and how a Trac ticket that isn't clear can just linger, so I was just offering to help out.

EDIT:
I'm putting together a PR that rolls back some of the changes in PR10924, and I will get a test build up for anyone to test, then I will talk to Fernet about it. I will try to get this ready for 17.1 release, but it could be too late.

Messages In This Thread
RE: replaygain doesn't seem to be working - by DaveBlake - 2017-03-18, 09:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
replaygain doesn't seem to be working0