v17 replaygain doesn't seem to be working
(2017-04-04, 03:45)Gracus Wrote:
(2017-03-19, 15:08)DaveBlake Wrote: Why have a "reduced gain" option? Well playing the track at a lower volume will sound diffrent to letting the audio engine handle clipping just at the places it occurs, and some people may want that. But more than that, AE clipping protection is CPU expensive, so those running Kodi on limited processors will have the AE protection disabled. At least with the "reduced gain" approach those files with rgain and peak can be adjusted not to clip without any expensive processing. But the option to avoid clipping protection by normalising volume will reappear in v18, if my PR is approved.

Any news on this one?

I use latest Kodi 18 64 bits test build for windows and do not see this option

Still not merged to kodi 18 or not merged to the 64 bits test build?
No restoring the reduce replay gain option has not been merged into v18 yet.

Generally for my progress see this thread

As you can see there is a lag between me going things and them getting merged into the nightlies. To help matters I am going to try and keep a music test build going with all the latest music things, but the current one of that doesn't have the reduced gain in it either. It will eventaully, or maybe that change will go straight into nightly, either way watch that thread Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: replaygain doesn't seem to be working - by DaveBlake - 2017-04-04, 08:25
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
replaygain doesn't seem to be working0