v17 replaygain doesn't seem to be working
I'm no expert but this is what I'm doing....

1. Just applying gain and not bothering about clipping.

2. The de facto standard seems to be 89db and this is what I use.

3. Foobar saves the tag in the metadata part of the music file. The default, I think, in Foobar is for ID3v2.3 tags to be written. You can check or alter this in Foobar by going to Files>Preferences>Advanced>Tagging>MP3

4. You can set both Album and Track Replaygain. Within Kodi you have the option to set the default as one or the other. If you listen to random music then I would suggest setting it to Track Replaygain. If you're going to listen to complete albums, then set it to Album Replaygain.

The replaygain tags are non destructive and don't affect the original levels. Rather the values are picked up by the player and used to adjust the pre amplification to produce a perceived constant 'volume'. Some programs, such as MP3Gain do have the ability to actually apply the gain settings to the music data file itself and this could be useful if you playback the music via a program that does not read and use the replaygain tags. However, you've now destroyed the original data - unless you've taken a backup.

Messages In This Thread
RE: replaygain doesn't seem to be working - by Gaspode - 2017-06-20, 12:55
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
replaygain doesn't seem to be working0