Android nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 2018
I got my new Shield TV today and SPMC is super great. Everything I have to play over NFS from my NAS seems to work, mpeg4 SD and HD, h.264, h.265, passthrough audio from aac to mp3 to ac3 dts and atmos. Refresh rate switching works as well and I see no tearing on 24 fps film material. Haven't tried any interlaced content though. The SPMC interface is snappy and fluid as it was on my i3 linux box.

The shield itself, streaming games from my PC worked well in game, but launching games were a 50/50 chance of success either through Steam or regular GeForce Experience. I rented a video (The Accountant) through Google Play Movies and it played fine but was only in PCM stereo, but that is more of a gripe with google, as other videos I had purchased have 5.1 sound. I am disappointed that the always on Google Assistant isn't in yet. I see the website touts the feature but then says Coming Soon. boo!

My remote seems to work from another room, no like of sight needed. I am a little confused about one thing though: how does one charge the remote? It doesn't seem to have any place to plug it in or put a battery in it.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Messages In This Thread
RE: nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - by CapnBry - 2017-01-17, 05:55
Rip CDs? - by crisp waffles - 2017-03-20, 21:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
nVidia Shield TV (2015 & 2017 Models) - UPDATED: May 25, 20188