Duplicate MusicBrainzTrackID within the same album
Hi

I noticed something unexpected when listening to some of my music in my Kodi library. I was listening to a box set of singles from an artist which are all part of the same "album" in Kodi. My music is tagged with MusicBrainz tags and one of the tracks on this box set appears twice and has the same MusicBrainzTrackID. What I noticed was the first occurrence of this track was missing from the Kodi database.

I have a couple of albums that have multiple tracks of silence, and therefore the same MusicBrainzTrackID, and noticed that in both occurrences only the last track in each case was showing in the Kodi.

Digging a bit further and having a look directly at the database I can see that in the songs table that idAlbum and strMusicBrainzTrackID are a unique index so based on that I think the behaviour above is to be expected.

I have temporarily got round this issue by simply removing the MusicBrainzTrackID tag from the affected tracks and re-scanning my library but it's not an ideal situation.

I don't know if this would be classed as a bug or not but is there a preferred way of dealing with this situation?

The most annoying thing from my point of view is that I can apply my workaround where I know there is an album with duplicate tracks but with a large library I could have tracks missing that I am not aware of.

Messages In This Thread
Duplicate MusicBrainzTrackID within the same album - by Hallucyn8 - 2017-01-28, 12:29
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Duplicate MusicBrainzTrackID within the same album0