Helping Out
Paul helping support other users when you can is a great contribution. One reason why I spend time explaining things on the forum is I hope that if more people understand they too can spread the word. So, thanks for that.

Testing releases is a help too. The biggest block there is that I can only really make test releases for win32, the compiles for other platforms need to bound to an OS (like LibreElec) and that is beyond me. But if you have a spare Windows machine that you can install Kodi on and point at your music files, then all good, testing does not have to be done on your real music system.

Then there is wiki. Written from a user viewpoint can be a good thing, even better if you don't mind me making corrections to any facts that are getting lost. As a user you are also more likely to spot the holes than I am. I do feel like I repeat myself on the forum, so I'm sure that some of my repeat explanations could be transfered into wiki - which, where, not so sure, I'm just not that organised. But if someone would like to organise my out pourings then that would be great. To be clear: I don't need a new boss telling me what to do, but I would be delighted if someone compiled some of the material I have scattered through the forum.

Estuary is a tricky question, the fact is that other skins (inc. Confluence) show some music information that Estuary doesn't. This is a great shame, and will hopefully be fixed in v18, but definitely isn't going to be for v17. I think the Wiki should show screen shots from both, but that is just my opinion. Persoanlly I have never experimented with skins, but I always thought that a library of screen shots comparing a wide range of them would be really interesting. That is a separate matter though.

And thanks all of you for the genuine offers of help. What I really need most is a time machine Smile

Messages In This Thread
Helping Out - by WelshPaul - 2017-01-30, 10:15
RE: Helping Out - by Uatschitchun - 2017-01-30, 10:46
RE: Helping Out - by docwra - 2017-01-30, 11:30
RE: Helping Out - by WelshPaul - 2017-01-30, 12:45
RE: Helping Out - by docwra - 2017-01-30, 13:29
RE: Helping Out - by DaveBlake - 2017-01-30, 13:49
RE: Helping Out - by WelshPaul - 2017-01-30, 14:32
RE: Helping Out - by DaveBlake - 2017-01-30, 15:25
RE: Helping Out - by Martijn - 2017-01-30, 15:34
RE: Helping Out - by Uatschitchun - 2017-02-09, 20:43
RE: Helping Out - by DaveBlake - 2017-02-10, 10:31