Listing composers of classical music
Hi, all..

I'm new to Kodi, and loving it so far although it's been a semi-painful "birth." Started out using JRiver 21 for ripping and tagging my classical and jazz CD collection (about 1000 discs) to FLAC files then transfering them to an NAS, and using RuneAudio on a Pi3/HifiBerryDac and Daphile on an ancient Netbook w/ DacMagic DAC for playback via my network in two different audio rooms. Works and sounds great. RuneAudio is a VERY simple, rudimentary web-based interface, but Daphile (also w/ web-based headless control) is very flexible, as is JRiver, and I can do with both what I'm about to ask you about in regards to Kodi...

I have a fairly extensive classical music collection and make sure that every file has a "Composer" tag; this, above all, is the prime organizational tag for classical music. I use the "genre" tag for just that; jazz, jazz-vocal, jazz-fusion, Classical-Renaissance, Classical-Baroque, blah blah blah. All that works great. The catch is, no matter what genre I click on in Kodi (and Rune.. but that's neither here nor there), the albums are then listed by artist. Not real helpful. I have a tag for Composer and they are all accurate. Is there a way w/in Kodi to display albums by "Composer?"

I read the other four-page thread discussing suggestions and implementations to improve browsing, but my eyes kind of glazed over.. I couldn't find any specific "how-to's" but a lot of "wouldn't it be great ifs".... I also did some searching on this forum and the web in general before bothering you all with my question.

Soo.. Is there a way to set up Kodi so that I can click on a specific genre and choose to have the next screen display composers, rather than artists?

Thanks very much, in advance, for any suggestions. I tried Kodi 17 first, but didn't have as much luck w/ it as I did 16, so I'm using 16 now on a Raspberry Pi3 running LibreElec, and also have Kodi 16 installed on an Ubuntu desktop. To be honest, I'm not sure which build of 16, but I can check if it's important.

Best to all!

Messages In This Thread
Listing composers of classical music - by MuseChaser - 2017-02-08, 22:36
RE: Music Library Views/Sorts - by DaveBlake - 2017-02-09, 16:16
RE: Music Library Views/Sorts - by MuseChaser - 2017-02-09, 16:35
RE: Music Library Views/Sorts - by DaveBlake - 2017-02-09, 16:57
RE: Music Library Views/Sorts - by MuseChaser - 2017-02-09, 16:59
RE: Music Library Views/Sorts - by MuseChaser - 2017-02-09, 21:49
RE: Music Library Views/Sorts - by DaveBlake - 2017-02-10, 10:25
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Listing composers of classical music0