Listing composers of classical music
(2017-02-08, 22:36)MuseChaser Wrote: Is there a way w/in Kodi to display albums by "Composer?"

...Is there a way to set up Kodi so that I can click on a specific genre and choose to have the next screen display composers, rather than artists?

I tried Kodi 17 first, but didn't have as much luck w/ it as I did 16, so I'm using 16 now on a Raspberry Pi3 running LibreElec, and also have Kodi 16 installed on an Ubuntu desktop. To be honest, I'm not sure which build of 16, but I can check if it's important.
Yes, but only starting in v17

Not sure what your lack of "luck" was or what build you tried, but LE 7.95.2 includes v17.0 with a full relase imminent. I have been running the recent beta of LE on RPi3 for the family system with great success. I encourage you to give LE another go, or if you really don't like betas in anyway then wait a week or so (no promises) for the full release.

Krypton processes the composer tag along with others such as conductor, and all the musician credit tags. It is a new feature, and quite flexible, but also needs some work from the user to shape the feature to their exact needs.

So install v17, scan your music files into the library and then....

1) On the music library menu is a "roles" item. Under that there is a default node that lists all composers. Rather tucked away, but composers not seen as main stream requirement. There is also "Conductors" (if you have tagged those).

You possibly will have composers for non-classical music tagged, so a mixed list of composers may be too much.

2) To see just classical composers, or even more specific genre create a custom node. You can do this via the Node Editor addon or manually editing xml files.
Code:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<node order="13" type="folder" visible="Library.HasContent(Role, Composer)">
    <label>Classical Composers All</label>
    <path>musicdb://artists/?role=Composer&genre=Classical&albumartistsonly=false</path>
</node>

3) You can also create "artists" type smart playlists with rules including role = "Composer" etc.

Very brief description, I hope that you will try it out and see.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Music Library Views/Sorts - by DaveBlake - 2017-02-09, 16:16
RE: Music Library Views/Sorts - by MuseChaser - 2017-02-09, 16:35
RE: Music Library Views/Sorts - by DaveBlake - 2017-02-09, 16:57
RE: Music Library Views/Sorts - by MuseChaser - 2017-02-09, 16:59
RE: Music Library Views/Sorts - by MuseChaser - 2017-02-09, 21:49
RE: Music Library Views/Sorts - by DaveBlake - 2017-02-10, 10:25
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Listing composers of classical music0